Social Icons

November 28, 2012

Happy Holidays from National Ms 2012, Jennifer Welborn


Can you believe that Christmas is now officially less than a month away? I don't know where the time goes but it certainly does fly by. With that said, I have been very busy the last couple of weeks and I wanted to give everyone an update on how things have been going.

On November 18th, I made an appearance in the Ashland Olde Time Holiday Parade. The parade is about a mile and a half or so long and the streets were filled with people from start to finish excited to see the parade and welcome in the holiday season. My little 8 year old niece, Kimber rode along with me as my little "snow princess". Everyone had a great time and a very heartfelt THANK YOU to the town of Ashland and the Kiwanis for inviting me to join in the fun.

On Wednesday, November 21st, I headed to Charlottesville, VA to meet my sister queen, Kimberly Crocker, National Mrs 2012 in person. We have spoken so many times since being named inaugural queens for the National Ms system that we already felt like we had known each other forever. We met at Fashion Square Mall and our first stop was a visit with Santa. Yes, even full grown beauty queens have Christmas lists..lol!! We had our photo taken with him and we were off to do our community service. 

Kimberly and I headed over to the Salvation Army Angel Tree and chose our little "angel", a 6 year old little girl who wanted just some very basic educational games and books. We headed for ToyZam to do a little shopping for her and not only did we find her presents, we had photos taken with the staff of the store. After dropping off our gifts at the Angel Tree we headed out for lunch and before we knew it, we had to head our separate ways. We had a blast and I hope that you're able to meet her in person at some point during her reign. She is one incredible lady with a huge heart and it friendships like ours that have kept me in pageantry all of these years.

I have three of the most incredible pageant sisters' and I'm so honored to be able to hold my title at the same time that each of those ladies' are. Even after the National Ms pageant has come and gone next August, these three will forever be a part of my life and I have the National Ms Pageant system and my director, Siouxzan Moore to thank for that. With that being said, why not enter today and join us on our journey as we "Inspire others through the world of Positive Pageantry"? 

Moving along now..lol!! On November 23rd and 24th, I was very honored to be one of the judges' for the Miss Virginia Jr High, High School and Collegiate America.  One of our state delegates, National Miss Pennsylvania, Amber Smith was also one of the judges' so I had the opportunity to meet her. She is a sweetheart as are her parents', who were traveling with her.

Interviews were held on that Friday evening and WOW....what tough competition it was. We had an incredible group and they are all winners!! On Saturday afternoon, the new 2013 queens were crowned. They were:

-Miss Virginia Jr High School, Sydney Carmony
-Miss Virginia High School, Lauren Miller
-Miss Virginia Collegiate, Lauren Cannon.

They will be moving on to Nationals in July and I wish them all the best of luck. Virginia will be VERY well represented at nationals.  :-)


This coming weekend, December 1st and December 2nd, I have two more parades, one in Spotsylvania and the other in Mechanicsville. After the parade on Sunday, I will be attending the Broadway Musical of, How the Grinch Stole Christmas with my daughter, Krista. I'm very excited about that as I am a HUGE fan of the Grinch..lol!! 

As you can see, LOTS of appearances and I love representing this pageant system. Be sure to visit my Facebook fan and "like" the page to stay up to date on my latest appearances. I hope that everyone has a very happy holiday season. Until next time!!

Jennifer Welborn
National Ms 2012
































































0 comments :

¯